Information about submitting your full proposal:
- If your concept letter is approved you will be invited to submit a full proposal. It should include the following information.
- Please e-mail your full proposal to TheAuerFoundation@aol.com. It is acceptable to have multiple attachments but preferred to have the proposal in a single attachment.
- After e-mailing your full proposal, call 260-415-5743 to let us know you have submitted (this will eliminate the possibility of e-mail issues). Leave a voicemail and we will confirm receipt with a return e-mail as soon as possible.
As part of the proposal narrative, grant applicants must submit the information listed below. The Foundation does not dictate the length of grant proposals, but asks that grant-seekers use their own best judgment. We want to understand what you’re proposing, how it would work, whom it would help, and how you will measure results. Use enough words to get the following information across, but don’t feel that you have to overwhelm us with details. Your proposal should include the following:
- Overview of organization – briefly describe your organization and its mission
- Explain the need for this effort using local research and data whenever possible. Be sure to describe the population this proposal would serve. Also include an analysis of how it complements similar community resources or activities.
- Explain how your proposed effort would build on people’s strengths, rather than focusing on problems, and how you’d help them become more self-sufficient.
- If your organization uses any local or national evaluation tools to measure results, please include this information in your narrative.
- Show us, step by step, how you would implement your proposal and report results to us.
- Explain if and how other organizations would be involved to make this proposal successful, and how you would avoid overlap and duplication. Also let us know general information about collaborations with local organizations and businesses.
- Tell us about the people who would run this effort and outline their qualifications.
- Tell us about other sources of support for this proposal, including: funds on hand or pledged (please provide a line-item list), pending applications to potential funding sources (please provide a line-item list), volunteer time and donated services or materials, if this is an ongoing effort, explain your plans for continued financial support from other sources after the period of the requested grant has expired.
Required financial attachments:
- Your organization’s most recent federal tax return (IRS Form 990 – If you do not have an IRS Form 990 or current audit, please explain why). If your organization operated with a significant gain or loss please attach an explanation.
- A complete copy of your organization’s most recent financial statements (including a balance sheet or statement of financial position, and a revenue and expense statement or statement of activities). The foundation would prefer audited financial statements, if possible. If your organization has received a management letter from your accounting firm, please submit that, too.
- Your organization’s general operating budget for the current fiscal year and future fiscal year for which you’ve requested funding under this grant application.
- For those requesting program, project, or capital funds, a line-item budget for the proposed grant reflecting anticipated expenditures (and revenues if applicable).
Other required attachments:
- A signed copy of the Grant Agreement sent from the Auer Foundation, inviting your full proposal submission.
- A copy of your organization’s current letter from the IRS advising you of your organization’s 501(c)(3) status. The name of the organization in this letter must be the same as the current legal name of the organization seeking the grant.
- List of your organization’s board members or trustees (please list all officers), including affiliations, contact information, and terms.
- Documentation of efforts to improve your organization’s effectiveness, including your most recent strategic plan (if you do not have a strategic plan, please explain why).
- A copy of your organization’s Concept Letter